Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Part 1: A Trip to Sabah

23 November 2010

It was the day when I need to take an early flight to Sabah. It's been a long time since I've travel through air. I stayed over at Pei Yee's place for the night and both of us left by a taxi to LCCT at 4AM. It was a tiring night because we just got back to Subang the day before.


It was a splendid flight I can say. No turbulence or such. We arrived at the airport and got picked up by the agent that we signed up for. They used up two vans because our luggage was too huge to fit in one van together with us of course. Since some of us did not bring enough cash, one van leave for breakfast while the other to the bank before breakfast. Me, of course, went to the bank xD


After withdrawing some cash, we headed to our breakfast place. Without knowing what's my breakfast going to be, we arrived at this place called Kuo Man. Looking at the amount of customers they have, I reckon its one of the famous places to dine in.


They have a choice of fish or beef for their soup and I selected the fish cause I don't take beef. They serve other stuff too no? I can't really remember because I'm still so blur at that time.


After finishing our breakfast, we have a few more hours to kill cause our ferry to some island was at 3PM. Hence, our guide suggest us to go to the zoo to watch some live performances by the animals and here we are, Lok Kawi Wildlife Park!


Their first performance is by this orang utan. I was chosen by that trainer in the picture because I'm wearing a super RED t-shirt saying "Will you love me?" with a dog picture. What nonsense! Note to self: wear black to be less prominent! And yes, I need to compete with the orang utan to peel the coconut husk. I hate this orang utan cause I lose to it in this match!


They have other performances and they let the audiences to touch this deadly snake. After the performance, we still have some time and we decided to walk around the park.


The first thing we stumbled across is the sunbears having the time of their lives having sex in broad daylight in front of kids! It was amusing looking at them as they walk around while they're at it =P I recorded it using my phone which last for 7 minutes and note that they have been doing that before we arrive here. That male sunbear's stamina is good LOL!


After finishing a quick around the wildlife park, we depart to our next destination, Teluk Penyu's jetty to Pulau Tiga. It's around 2 hours drive from Kota Kinabalu and this is the time most of us took a nap. I didn't sleep at all cause I had sucky uncomfortable seats so I just close my eyes and try to relax.


After 2 hours plus of horrendous ride, we finally arrived at the jetty. Once we arrived there, we have approximately 5 minutes to repack our huge luggage into our small backpack for a night stay in Pulau Tiga. FYI, I have still no idea what is on that island except the mud volcano bath.


It was pretty sunny on that day. Most of my pictures are in blue tone thanks to the reflection of the clear blue sky I guess. In reality, things are not as blue. The water was clear and greenish the last I could remember.


Roughly after 25 minutes ride on the boat, we arrived at the island. As you can see from the picture above, it's named Survivor Island for some reason. Do you watch the Survivor series? Their season one was here, in this island!


This island has been commodified. The resort was a nice place to be but if I'm not mistaken, it cost RM700+ for a night stay in the resort. Apparently, you need some contacts to get it at a more reasonable price.


They welcomed us with a glass of cordial for each of us. Then we were briefed about the island and the activities that we can do here.


After having our tea, we headed back to our rooms and then have our own leisure time. As you can see our chalets' exterior design was rather traditional in a way.


However, once you entered, the interior was more like simplified modern kind of design.


The toilet also never failed me. I was expecting a worse toilet than this due to the remoteness of the island!


During our leisure time, we can choose to do a various kind of activities that you usually can find at a beach (banana boat, snorkling, etc).


Instead of those activities, I chose to rest, relax and camwhore take pictures! =P


After that, I went to the pier to wait for the sunset. While at it, some others was snorkeling and playing volleyball.


It was a spectacular scenery. I straightaway fell in love with the island after witnessing one of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen in my life!


I continued to camwhore take pictures after the sun sets into the horizon. As you can see, my method of camwhoring taking picture is different from most people will do :P


Enough of taking pictures *ehm*.. back to the resort for dinner!


These are basically the food that they serve. I didn't take the beef and I'm quite unhappy they served that but they serve CRAB! That diminishes all my dissatisfaction and hooray CRAB!! I was happy cause I haven't eat crab for quite some time. The food was so-so.


After dinner, I straight went to bed and slept for the night as I was too exhausted. Others played games and talked till 2AM I guess. I find this post quite lengthy so I'm going to stop here for now. To be continued! :D

0 complains:

 

Web Counter