Monday, September 20, 2010

Monash Ball 2010 at One World Hotel

It was 17 September 2010. The theme for this year's Monash Ball is Première. It was supposedly be very grand and of high-class but it was kinda a let down for the theme. The story..

These are the 3 people I picked up to go to One World Hotel which is located next to One Utama. We were too hungry until we got ourselves McDonalds before we leave Subang xD Everyone was staring at them (probably at their outfit) when they entered McDonalds LOL!

Here we are.. outside the ballroom. Seriously we thought that we are late but actually we are not.. They said they going to close the door at 7.30PM but they didn't.. We arrived there around 7.45ishPM cause of the slow moving traffic along the LDP.. Seriously, I don't know what the organizing committee was thinking.. Why the hell they picked this hotel? It is so inaccessible from Sunway and the jam is mad crazy on peak hours to go there from Sunway..

Here is our "ticket"! It looked very glamorous.. Sorry for the bad image quality cause I took this from my phone's camera :P

After registering ourselves, we will get stamped on the hand.. I hated this cause it took sometime to wear off..

Inside the ballroom.. the light keep glowing and changing and it was so hard for me to take pictures =_="

The table setting..

Itinerary of the event.. Since they started quite late, I think they rushed everything until it wasn't so pleasant for me ;\

This is the menu.. can't read it? Let me read for you:

Appetizer: Caesar Salad AKA the best of all THREE dishes for the night

Main Course: Roasted Stuffed Chicken Breast with Pistachio, Garlic Mashed Potato and Seasonal Garden Vegetable served with Fresh Herb Sauce AKA PATHETIC HARD-AND-DRY-CHICKEN!!

Dessert: Strawberry Mousse AKA WE WANT MORE FOOD! I felt VERY disappointed over what is served that night. What the crap?! Pay RM80 to eat THREE not-so-gourmet and not-so-filling FOOD?! Last year's one in Sunway resort serve more than this!!

This is the emcee for the night.. Can't see him? Here:

Yes! He is the Disney channel dude, Jien. Look at those lucky girls who got to take a picture with him. Luckily I didn't take a picture with him cause I bet many other girls hated them already LOL! Jien was a funny and sarcastic emcee xD

These people are the company I had for the night. Thanks to them I don't think the event was that disappointing =X

The dance floor is open with super horrid loud music.. I thought this will be high-class event as the name Première suggest so but I don't understand why would they make it all into a concert-like thing -.-" Play sentimental music so people can dance waltz or etc!!The organizing committee just destroyed the grandeur of the theme.. EPIC FAIL IMHO!! (even though they played some sentimental music, the dance floor wasn't open or not that I know of when it opened)

The event ended quite late.. 11PM+ almost 12PM and many people was rushing for afterparty.. Many went to Zouk in KL (I seriously don't know what they going to do with less than 2 hours in Zouk [taking into account the time they travel there]).. Hence, my group went to the nearest - The Sanctuary at The Curve!

Look who was there!! A lecturer with a "Dr" title.. =P You probably can't see his face cause its blurred and I won't mention names here xD

That's all for now folks.. cheers! =)

1 complains:

AJ on September 20, 2010 at 11:09 PM said...

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! IMagine him seeing this!!! XDD

I totally agree with uuu!! No dance floor for real dancing at all! BORING! xD

 

Web Counter