Saturday, September 26, 2009

Monash Ball 2009 at Sunway Hotel

Been thinking of lots of deep and negative thoughts lately.. Lost my appetite and spirit.. This must be one of the downside in my life.. So, I try to "enjoy" myself in Monash Ball but it didn't quite work out.. [not to say the ball sucks but it just too mediocre for me.. nothing big] The theme of this year is Vogue which means you can see many people wearing high-fashion clothing.. As for me, I just wear my old outfit (no coat or vest) which is so normal that I feel a little inferior.. 25th of September, the day of the ball.. I can see many people are excited over it but for no reason, I'm not.. Girls took hours to makeup themselves and lots of people ended up late for the ball..


Look at the crowd of latecomers waiting to go into the hall.. Well, it's almost 8.30pm and I'm glad there are others who are as late as me..


After the wait, we finally managed to get into the hall missing only a few boring performances (arrival of VIP thingy).. The picture shown above is where I sat.. It's way back to the end of the hall and since it is so hard to see anything from this place, thanks to the to the waiter/waiteress walking around and some standing in the middle showing their backsides (HELLO?! Can you move?! I don't want to see your arse!! Urgh.. whatever..) and the stage or wherever the perform is too low, I cannot see a thing at all (resolved by standing up)..


This is the menu: Green Bean and Prawn Timbale, Fresh Herb Salad and Confit Tomatoes; Superior Chicken Broth with Lemongrass and Wantan; Grilled Herb Brushed Spring Chicken Confit Garlic Polenta Cake, Roasted Vegetables and Honey Mustard Sauce; Coconut Crème Brulee Pineapple Maple Syrup Ice Cream and Sugar Snap; Orange Cordial. Okay.. those are a very long name for a dish -_-" Oh wells, at least you know what ingredients they used..


Orange Cordial.. 'nuff said!


This is not in the menu.. For the hungry mob who cannot wait for the food to come..


Green Bean and Prawn Timbale, Fresh Herb Salad and Confit Tomatoes. I don't like the waiters serve the table.. They randomly serve the food to people (some get to eat first and some just stare at them & sadly, I'm one of the person staring at others enjoying their food -_-")!! This dish is not bad actually.. it is of average only for me :P


Superior Chicken Broth with Lemongrass and Wantan. Well, well.. I paid RM80 to eat this chicken and wantan soup which I get everytime I order a Wantan Noodle =_=


This is Grilled Herb Brushed Spring Chicken Confit Garlic Polenta Cake, Roasted Vegetables and Honey Mustard Sauce. Such a long name -_-" Okay.. this.. I don't like the flavoring of it.. It is as if the flavors are not harmonized in this dish.. Weird!! I not so like it..


Finally, Coconut Crème Brulee Pineapple Maple Syrup Ice Cream and Sugar Snap. I can say this dessert flavors are all over the place! If I mix each and every bit of the thing in this mug, I can taste something weird.. If I eat bits by bits, I can taste lots of different flavors which do not exist in harmony =X However, there is one part of this dish that taste good and since my taste became unresponsive, I don't know what is that taste..


There are many entertainers who came to the ball.. Henry Golding (don't know who is this), Sarah Lian (heard before but don't know who she is.. hope she's not Ah Lian), Esther (some local TV singing competition candidate), Reshmonu (oh yeah.. I know this guy :D) and some others which I don't even know what are their names..

What I think of this ball? Everything is a rush! The dance floor opened a little to late, and there is such a limited time for people to dance! The songs that they played are so inappropriate for a "ball".. Plus, AHH.. enough for scrutinizing (I don't want to get sued or something) =X I did not enjoy but I did have some good time (ugh what am I saying -_-") But hey!!.. one good thing about this ball is the...


Complimentary tickets to Ministry of Sound (MOS)!! I didn't enjoy much inside as there are no real kakis for such event.. Finally, since the lighting of the room is always at dark conditions, my camera cannot take good pictures with it so I didn't take much photos that night.. sad right? How I wish I have a DSLR in my hands.. dream on.. dream on..

4 complains:

Jass on September 27, 2009 at 11:48 AM said...

haha, u want kaki isit? Next time la... LOL

Brian Chye on September 27, 2009 at 2:15 PM said...

hahaha.. sure sure :P

Unknown on September 27, 2009 at 3:14 PM said...

woaaa where are the pics u taken? with friends?? wanna see it..

as for the ball menu, seriously this is much better than the BUFFET last year..ppl have to walk here and there to take the food..and seriously it tasted sucks! yours one looks much nicer..some improvement in ball (:

wanna see how u look..post the pic dong (: you went there with who?

cK.

Brian Chye on September 27, 2009 at 3:40 PM said...

LOL :P I will explain about the pics in my next post.. just wait for it to appear la xD

and yeah.. I heard last year 1 quite suck.. and I hope next year 1 would be better (that is if I'm going at all :D)

 

Web Counter