Thursday, September 24, 2009

Footprints of a Nomad..

I can clearly consider myself as a nomad. I had moved at least 4 times ever since began studying in Monash (and I'm planning to find a new place all over again now).. This is a log of places that I've stayed so far to remind myself how hard is it for me to settle down in one place and just wanted to share this experience of mine..

The first time I came into Monash, I was situated in Mentari Court by the hostel management of Sunway..


Here is a view of my window in Mentari Court.. Pathetic isn't it? It got no nice view at all.. Due to safety reasons and also the distance of this place to Monash University, I've applied for a change to Sunway-Monash Condominium which is now known as Sun-U Residence..


Here is my view when I was allocated to the 19th floor in Sun-U Residence..


And this is a better view of the scenery inside my room.. However, I've planned to change my room to a lower floor in the condominium at that time.. As my tenancy expired and I was unable to renew it, I search for another place to live in the condominium.. I found a private unit at the 8th floor of the condominium.. it sounds like a good deal for me as that is what I am looking for at that time..


This is the view through my window on the 8th floor.. I thought this is the place that I'm going to live in for the rest of my studies in Monash University in Sunway campus but it isn't!! I despise my housemates here.. just to give you a hint, they are not Malaysians (Malaysia's neighbour).. I don't want to offend anyone right now.. I really wanted to move out from this place as soon as my contract ends because the electricity bill that this 1 unit produces each month exceeds RM500 and the maximum that I've seen is RM1000+.. This is totally absurd as I did not use as much electricity as they did!!


and now.. I'm currently living on the 4th floor in Indah Villa.. I thought this will be the place that I will settle down for as it has a nice view of Sunway Lagoon not to mention the free viewing of concerts held here..


The thing that drives me crazy about this place is that it is really noisy in the morning.. Once Sunway Lagoon starts to operate, loud music can be heard and also the screaming of people sitting on the 360 degrees  spinning ship thingy.. Urgh.. I can't concentrate when I'm in this sort of environment!!


At night, this place became serene.. but the fact that I've been experiencing bad luck ever since I lived in this place (never before i keep injuring myself again and again after one of my injuries healed) makes me even want to move out.. this is most probably due to the bad feng shui..

The good thing of being a nomad is that it trained me to adapt to a new environment quickly.. I really can't settle down when living in a place that I really don't feel comfortable of.. How lah my life?..

2 complains:

Jass on September 24, 2009 at 8:21 AM said...

haha, didnt mention to u that i'm a nomad as well...

Brian Chye on September 24, 2009 at 2:33 PM said...

hehe.. can create a Nomad's Club d :P

 

Web Counter